Prophet Shepherd Bushiri and his wife, Mary have been released on bail R100 000
The two appeared in the Specialised Commercial Crimes Court in Pretoria on Wednesday.
The Bushiri’s applied for bail at the Pretoria Specialized Commercial Crimes Court, where his followers sprayed ‘holy oil’ on a cop’s car while shouting “fire, fire, fire”. and believing the Almighty God to save his own.
The prophet has acquired the services of top defence advocate Barry Roux.
The advocate, best known for his role in the convicted murderer and former Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius’ defence team, has been back in the news, with this being the second high profile case he’s taken on recently.
Bushiri and his wife were arrested in Rustenburg on Friday last week.
Bushiri and his wife were arrested on Friday in Rustenburg and charged with fraud, money laundering and contravening the Prevention of the Organised Crimes Act.
Hawks spokesperson Hangwani Mulaudzi said the case against the couple was linked to alleged offences of fraud and money laundering, as well as the contravention of the Prevention of Organised Crime Act (POCA), which had been committed from 2015
Among the bail conditions is that the couple remains in Gauteng.
The case has been postponed to May 10.
- Prophet Bushiri who was arrested at his hotel now in big trouble, Government to seize his assets
- WATCH VIDEO: Prophet Bushiri and wife arrested for money laundry.
- Chaos as pastor who is having sex with married women in church gets chucked out
- Prophet Bushiri now in big trouble, authorities want his church banned in South Africa
- Pastor goes missing, with cash, church items and deacon’s wife
- Missionaries Spread False Christianity to Africans As Instructed By King Leopold II
- Why is Christmas Day on the 25th December?
- Reconciling with the past: learn how to close the chapter and become a stronger version of yourself